, , , , , , ,

#ealtuesdaytryouts e.l.f. Cosmetics - Lip edition

11:58 AM

Hello lovelies, today we are trying out some yummy lip colors from e.l.f. Cosmetics for #ealtuesdaytryouts. 

Here is a bit about e.l.f. and their philosophy: e.l.f. cosmetics is the premier retail source for all your makeup and beauty needs. Our products offer affordable and high quality design to enhance your natural radiance. We offer an entire line of luscious lip glosses, with various shades and styles to choose from, as well as intensive hydrating lipstick for long-lasting color and shine. Our natural mineral makeup will help you on your way to healthier glowing skin, without parabens, preservatives or chemical dyes.”


Alrighty … so on to our reviews! 

Emily tested:

e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color
Color: Natural #82462
Retails for : $3.00

View the full line of Studio Matte Lip Color HERE
  
Being the lipstick lover that I am I was super excited to try out one of the e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Colors. I have tried out a few of their other makeup products in the past and have actually been pretty impressed by the quality, especially considering how inexpensive they are. They really do hold their own and stand up to some of the more pricey “drug-store” products.



So, today I tried out the new Mate Lip Color in Natural. This lipstick comes in a sleek black tube with a small cap at the bottom showing the shade. The top portion of the applicator also twists to dispense the product as you use it.  So even though you aren’t paying top dollar, the fab packaging still makes you feel a bit spoiled!

The lipstick itself has a lovely smooth consistency. Though I do love my bold reds, the “Natural” shade is the perfect color for everyday wear. Because the color is not too bold and has a nice matte finish, it complements a bold smoky eye very nicely as well ;) This is one of my go to looks! Though this lipstick does have great pigment, I did have to re-apply once and touch up the color once as well during the day -- not a huge deal in my book -- especially since the color just fades and does not look patchy like some lip colors tend to do as the day goes along.  To be completely honest I didn’t expect the color to last neatly as long as it did! Overall, I would definitely give this product a thumbs up.  For $3.00 you definitely get your money’s worth and then some;) The Studio Matte Lip Color comes in a variety of different shades, so I will definitely be picking up a few more for my lipstick collection.  The best part is, at $3.00 each I won’t be breaking the bank! 

Aideen tested:

e.l.f. Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick
Colour: pink umbrellas 22144 check other shades HERE
Retails for: $2.00

We don't have e.l.f. Cosmetics here in stores in Ireland so I have never tried any of their products. When Emily sent me some of their goodies to try I was so excited-it's always so much fun to try new make up products. Emily was also telling me how affordable they are so that's always a plus! 

The jumbo gloss stick has jojoba, soybean and vitamin E ingredients and is so moisturising and feels great on. It is described on the packaging as a long wearing lip colour that glides on like a lipstick but looks like a gloss. It sure does glide on really nicely giving a lovely colour and gloss like finish that's not as sticky as a gloss! This colour too is perfect for anyone as it's very natural and not heavily coloured.


When you apply the gloss stick it has a slight minty flavour and gives a light tingling feeling to the lips giving them a little plumping. I am going to keep it in my everyday handbag as it's great for moisturising and will go with any look!

I am so impressed with this gloss stick and it's super value at only $2.00!! Hopefully we will get some e.l.f. Stockists in Ireland soon too...


Emily & Aideen x



You Might Also Like

0 comments