, , , , , , , ,

#ealmondaymakes using gorgeous goodies from Crafty Cutting-Emilys makes!

7:19 AM

Hello lovelies,




We are so SUPER excited to get to play with these fun goodies from Crafty Cutting-they are great products to work with and are fun for crafting for all ages!!! The price point makes them very appealing also and the range of products can be seen on their website HERE. They would make for great project bases for the kids for the sometimes too long summer holidays too (just saying...-you know after the first week when they are soooooooo bored etc.).


Something like these bare door hangers that are only 2.40 for 6!! A bargain and the kids will really enjoy doing these-as will the adults :) and they make fun gifts when they are all decorated.


Here is my sons 'wimpy kid' bookmark using a Crafty Cutting bookmark blank which are only €0.60c for six!!!

Our lovely friends at crafty cutting sent us a HUGE pack of goodies, so many that we are dividing this post into two parts and today will be featuring some stunning and inspirational pieces made by our lovely Emily. Then on Friday we will have even more makes so expect more crafty cutting goodness this Friday here at #eal.

So now I am going to hand it over to Emily and her wonderful makes-I have seen some sneaky peaks so I know you guys are in for a treat with these pieces :)

Hello Lovelies!!! (It’s Emily)

So, The first thing that I instantly wanted to dive into was the mixed assortment of raw chipboard hearts.  These come in a 9 1/2" tile that has 12 hearts in various shapes and sizes. The assorted hearts are only €2.40 which is a really great bargain!

The heart shapes have a really lovely whimsical feel to them, and I almost instantly I knew that I wanted to go for a "Shabby Chic" look with these …

I painted each of the hearts with white acrylic paint to begin with. After each heart was covered, and the paint was completely dry (it took several coats of paint to get the look below) I applied craft glue to half of each heart and sprinkled them with a chunky glass glitter.

After everything had dried completely, I created a simple layered card with scraps of papers, and other little bits from my stash.  I wanted the heart to really "steal the show" so I popped it up with some foam adhesive, and added a stamped sentiment, along with a few small embellishments on and around the heart. You know, just for that little added something ;)




Here is a second card that I created using the hearts. This time I did a little more embellishing on the actual heart with some adorable ruffled muslin trim, and a chipboard button threaded with bakers twine. The layout of this card is basically the same as the first card. It’s one of my “go- to” layouts when I want a shabby layered looking card. Let me know in the comments section if this is something you would like to see as an upcoming #ealmondaymakes tutorial. I would be happy to do a little video for you all!




As you can see in the pictures the chipboard is nice and thick. I was very impressed with the quality and how well it took the paint, and glues I used. So far I have been nothing but impressed with not only the quality of these chipboards, but also how affordable they are! Perfect if you are crafting on a budget.

Like Aideen mentioned Crafty Cutting sent us LOADS of goodies to play with so we will be back on Friday with more projects to share using their wonderful chipboard pieces. We can’t wait to share more with you!!!

Aideen & Emily x



You Might Also Like

1 comments